The way to my home from the most convenient station.


Here is the most convenient station from my home.Trains come very often as every 10
minutes in daytime, and it comes every 5 minutes in rush hours. I used to take this train line when I used to go to the middle school, and to go to college. At that time, trains used to came every 15 minutes. It's getting convenient more and more.


After I left the station, I see one bridge very soon. You can see mountains around you closely in Kyoto-city. The view have been lost little by little because of many new buildings. When I was a child, I could see mountains all 360 degrees around me. But the buildings block the view off today.


Many houses built so close each houses along the river. It's hard for American to believe the buildings are so close each other, isn't it? Most of cities excrude rural area are like this in Japan. We have to be very careful to not make noise to not bother neighbors, like don't talk loudly, don't take a shower or a bath after 12am.


After the river, pass through this small shopping area (<--),


(-->) and go into residential area. Again, houses, houses, houses.


(<--) This is a small park for children. I used to play with my friends, or with my brother here when I was a little child. I can't forget that I slipped on the slide when I was trying to walk on the slide (I know I was stupid), and hit my lips, and cut it, bled a lot :-(


(-->) I remember my friend fell off from one of the swing, and the swing was swinging. The swing hit my friend's head. She ran into her home in rush crying so hard. You know, a park for children is actually dangerous place. ha-ha-ha.


(<--) This is a street in front of my mother's house. I could see mountains all the way back of the street 5 years ago, but anymore because of the big apartment. The residents of this area struggled for stopping to build the big apartment, but couldn't stop it. We guess the top person was given some money from the builder :-(


(-->) This is my mother's house. I lived here for 35 years except for the time of I was with my ex-husband, that was for 6 years. The house is getting old, it knows about me since I was born.


(<--) My mother's small garden. She loves plants. I think most of women prefer flowers or a plants which bloom a flower. But my mother prefer plants which don't have a flower. She says she feels sad when a flower fall off.

I hope you enjoyed to see the area where I live!

Comments

  1. This is very interesting Kyoko! I have always wondered what the houses are like in Japan and now I know, thank you! I was checking here every day for something new but I thought maybe you forgot all about us. Or maybe you are still in the bathtub! Your mother's house looks very nice. Yes, I am surprised that the houses are so close! Did you bring your mother pictures of how your house looks? She would be surprised that it is so big and that it is not so close to the other houses, I think. Don't forget to exercise your arms a lot so you can bring Japanese rice and beer back for Pat--hahahahaha! Now that you have been back home for a little while, do you think you like it there better than here? Let me know if I should mail you your rabbits! Have lots of fun, Kyoko! And you forgot to tell us how many quilts you have made since you got home! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyoko, Thanks so much for sharing the pictures of your home! I loved our visit to Japan so it is fun to see your pictures. Tell your mother I love her garden. Please don't bring any presents back!!! Believe it or not I don't even like beer. I am of Irish descent (100% 4th & 5th generation depending on the parental side) and that is one gene that did not get passed along, thank goodness!
    Just have fun. Your presence will be missed tomorrow at the QU meeting and I will miss our coffee break after.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment