Friends.

Female friends are very important. I have been told about this many times by my friends before, I strongly felt it this time. My husband was (is) totally helpless this time, not only that, he kicked me off from the cliff many times. It was much harder to recover from the shock I got from him than miscarriage. My sadness was blown away by other kind of sadness. I now just hate to get "D & C" surgery after Christmas.
I think I have some mothers excluding my real mother who gave me a birth, here in the USA and in Japan. How lucky I am. Some of them are older than me, some are at the same age as me. Their words from their experiences, concerns, and suggestions comfort me. I always feel I can make mistakes in front of them. I appreciate for having them very much.

I didn't have much energy for sewing because of my pregnancy for a while. Strangely, it came back soon after I miscarried my baby. It might be because I tried to stay myself away from the sadness by sewing. I don't have to think extra things when I am quilting. After I completed one quilt, I got desire to make other things.

Since my friend suggested me to make booties for a baby for sale, I started to search some books for it at library, and online. It would be interesting :-)

Wishing you all have a great Christmas, and happy new year!

Comments

  1. Anonymous5:05 PM

    Kyoko, my deepest sympathy. I am so very sorry. --liz (from Etsy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz :)
    Thank you for your sympathy. I am doing fine, and trying to sew even a little by little.
    I wish you will have a wonderful new year, and hopefully the year of 2008 will bring you and your family a lot of fortune :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:10 PM

    I hope for a lot of fortune for you, also. I will look forward to seeing the new items in your shop! --Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your encouragement on my blog :) I am so very sorry about your hardship and loss. Hope you're feeling a bit better - I'm thinking of you.
    ::Michele (mishi2x)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Liz!
    Thank you for your new year wish!
    How was your new year's day?? I hope you could do relax with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michele!
    How is your new year's day? I hope you are enjoying it, and having fun with your queen sized quilt too!
    Thank you for your concern! I am feeling much better :-) Men sometimes don't understand female's problem, I hope my husband learned something from my problems.
    Wishing you will have a lot of fortune this year...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kyoko-

    what sad news. I was so happy to get your card and have been meaning to write you a letter back and also send your xmas ornament to you. I decided to check your blog randomly today and scrolled down and saw your posts. I was so excited for you. But I know that you will be able to try again. I'm really glad that you are starting the new year with the genki attitude I always associate with you. You're a strong person and sad things like this won't keep you down. I'm going to sit down and write you a REAL letter on my next day off. Take care & hope to hear from you soon. I so want to meet up and have lunch or something with you sometime!
    anyway, sending lots and lots of hugs your way.
    ~kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kat!
    Thanks for your love! I am looking forward to your real letter :-D
    I am very fine thanks to my friends I have here, and my family. I don't tell my friends who live in Japan about this yet..., thinking when I should tell them. I know as soon as possible is the best, but still taking time for it because I know they worry about me.
    It would be really nice if I could meet you up when you visit here again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Emi,
    I am so sorry about the miscarriage and feel I couldn’t find any words to comfort you. I know you are yearning for a body. However, I also know you are a strong woman; I definitely believe that you can overcome any hardship and always make your life great.
    Because of your kindness and intelligent, good friends will always accompany with you you. You will never be alone.
    Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tea :-)
    Thanks for your words to comfort me! I am doing very fine, enjoying my life as much as I can, like you are doing! :D
    I am wishing you will have some fun and interesting things with your job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment