A letter from my sister-in-law.

A few days ago, I received one letter from my sister-in-law. She is always very nice to me, I really appreciate my young brother for choosing her as his wife. She brought me 2 adorable nephews as well. They are like my reachable angels. I don't exchange letters or e-mails with her often, but I feel she thinks of me as her family.
She e-mailed me when she knew I had got pregnant, and she wrote me a letter this time when she knew I have got miscarried. She said in the letter that "I don't worry about you so much because I know you are always a positive person.". She enclosed 2 pictures of her sons (my nephews), and their drawings. I was so impressed and glad to death.



Accoding to Yuta (my first nephew : 3 years old), a person who is looking up is me. He even drew 7 of my rabbits around me :) And the bottom letters(?) written in blue color is his name..., but it's un-readable actually.



According to Hayato (my second nephew : 2 years old), something on the left top corner is me.... he has just started to be able to draw something.

Their birthdays are coming close this year too. Yuta will be 4 at Feb 12, and Hayato will be 3 at Mar 25. I send something to them all together for their birthday every year. It's always so fun for me to look around something for them. One problem I feel is what I need to find 2 similar things. I concern about they may fight with each other to have their preference.

Here is the things that I got for them this year.



2 of sleeping bags in Disney character. I have seen Hayato was watching DVD of this animation intently when I was in Japan the last summer. I wish I could send them DVDs, but they cannot watch DVDs made in the USA in Japan :-( My sister-in-law is working hard to get them correct English pronunciation in their childhood.
2 pair of slippers, toys, umbrellas, quilting books for my sister-in-law's mother.



Cloths for my sister-in-law, chocolates, snacks, tea, handmade soaps made by my friend (PegasusSoap), and colored water pencils to get their drawings again! :-D



Magnet sheets, T-shirt transfer and some t-shirts for fun :-)

I am not sure if they will have fun with those, but I anyway enjoyed to collect them. They have been packed in the box already, and ready to ship. ....... I am afraid to see how much it will cost for shipping to Japan... guessing around $100 via Airmail... might be better idea to ship it via surface. Oh, please don’t tell my husband about this if you know him. ha-ha-ha.

Comments

  1. Hmmm. I think maybe it's cheaper and a lot more fun if you BRING it to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES, I would love to have fun with those!!! My husband has to pay for it much more though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:31 PM

    What a generous aunt you are! I am sure they will love opening this package. Isn't it awful how much shipping costs . . . my husband's family is in England, and the rates have gone up a lot over the years. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liz :-)
    I have shipped the package out today. Post office told me that they don't take packages by surface anymore! Do you usually send a gift for your husband family in England via Airmail? It is really costly!
    The packages I sent to my nephew cost $92. Phew(>_<)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:31 PM

    Yes, that is what I found out when I shipped my in-laws Christmas gifts. They did away with surface mail last spring, when all the rates raised. I was so upset. Sending my niece one skirt and sweater cost over $20! I don't know what I am going to do next year, but all the gifts will have to be very light. $92--how awful.

    I saw your latest post--happy birthday to you and your husband! And I love the picture of Jeb. I used to have a cat who was shaped exactly like him (although she was black) and had the same personality. Very difficult to deal with sometimes, although I did love her. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Liz :)
    It's kind of crazy that they stopped to have the surface mail, isn't it. I am thinking to go back to Japan in future (I don't know when..., maybe after my husband pass away), and I worry about finding the cheapest way to send my belongings to Japan. It is really strange to me the USPS stopped to have the surface, and they accept the package from other countries shipped via surface.

    Thank you for your birthday with for my husband and me! I was celebrated by my friends, but my husband got nothing on that day. We are going to have dinner at our favorite Thai restaurant tomorrow.

    Yes..., it's really tough to understand my rabbit, Jeb! I want to make him happy (and make myself happy with him), but I don't know what is happiness for him. He is anyway digging his toilet and looks happy though..... :-( To see animals different personality is interesting, isn't it? It's just the same as human being!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment