犬張子 -- Inu hariko --

"Inu hariko" is a Japanese traditional toy for children since old time. It is a dog shaped toy. I did know the dog, but didn't know what it is for. All I knew was "Japanese traditional something". Nowadays, it is used like a good luck charm for children.

When I made a bag with this patterned fabric, my husband said, "it is a cat!". Yes, it also looks like a cat, but it is a dog. I have read some informations about it on the internet, and started to feel it is very pretty. In fact, I sew that many Japanese people make their original items using the dog.

So :-D
Here is my original illustration of the dog! It took more than half day to draw though..., I think it is pretty!





I printed on a T-shirt transfer sheet, and ironed on white fabric, made a tote bag with it... though... I feel like something is strange :-( I anyway post this tote on my shop, but I am not sure if people would like it or not.

Comments

  1. Your dog is great. he looks wonderful on the bag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi bettyninja!
    Thanks!
    There are so many kind of "inu-hariko" that people designed. To look around them might be fun for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment