Tunic.

House renovation is not going well :( My husband keeps finding new problems to fix on the ceiling.
It is left for around a week because always something to do come up as well :(
We didn't have electricity twice after the storms lately, and one company which is offering my husband to work with keep sending papers to fill out (but we never know if he gets the job or not yet), his friend is asking him for chores, our oldest rabbit is sick... etc. All of unpredictable things are delaying the renovation.

I have been hoping my husband to find a new job very soon, but at the same time, I will miss him about being separated when he goes to work. But he has to find a job!!


Here are some pictures of my idols (my nephews) :-D
Oh, oh, oh, they are really cute and adorable!
My sister in law sometimes send me their pictures in mails, and my brother also sometimes send me from his cell phone.

This is my first nephew -- Yuta.
His smiling face will kill many ladies in future! I mean it! I have almost cried!




This is my second nephew -- Hayato.
He started to go to kindergarten from this Spring. This picture was taken by my brother at the entrance celemony. Cool!!



In Japan, we have many small summer festivals in this season!
They are in the festival costume :)






And taking a bath together!



They are good friends each other.
My sister in law told me that they go to the same kindergarten, and Yuta always care about Hayato. Yuta often goes to Hayato's class to see how Hayato is doing. One time, Hayato had a fight with other child, and he ended up crying! Yuta saw it, and rushed to his class teacher to ask for saving Hayato.

I keep looking, looking, looking at the pictures over and over again. All of the episodes I hear from my sister in law impress me very much as I sometimes weep.
I cannot stop myself to sending gifts to them, always looking for something for them. I know too much is not good, though.... I appreciate my sister in law for trying them to not forget me. I want to visit them every half year! I really miss them.



Tunic!



I am trying to make toddler sized clothes since my friend was so happy when I gifted it for her daughter's birthday. She said I should make it for sale, but to sew clothes is not my field. I anyway got some patterns, and am going to try to do. I read through the explanations on the pattern, it seems not so difficult for me.



My first tunic will be made with these fabrics --- Japanese yukata (kimono for summer, or kimono styled pajama) fabric --.
I hope it goes well.

Comments

  1. Anonymous11:17 AM

    Oh, your nephews are adorable! You can see how much they love each other.

    I know what you mean about other things getting in the way of renovations. My husband and I would like to have our basement finished (it's very ugly right now, only good for storage), but just keeping up with daily life is so much work we have not gotten around to it.

    We had our power out also, for almost 24 hours. We lost everything in our freezer, but compared to some people we are lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz :)
    Thanks :) They are my angels :-D

    Many of people are too busy for taking care of dairy things... I am wishing your basement will be renovated soon! I don't know when mine will be done anymore :(

    We also didn't have power for 24 hours after the storm. Our water is from well, which means we don't have water when power is out. It was a loooong day, isn't it? Yes, some of my friends had house damage s either. We are also lucky just like you.
    After the big storm, we had thunder storm within a week. It was just ordinary one, not that strong, not strong wind, but again power has gone :( That time was half day though..., most important thing for us in summer when power is off, is temperature for our rabbits. They are weak at hot weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:48 AM

    No water! That is awful. We had that second thunderstorm too, but didn't lose any power. It made my children nervous, though, as they were unhappy to be in the dark the first time.

    I hope the rabbits are OK. We have a cat, but he is pretty tough, so the heat doesn't bother him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, no water! ha-ha! We went to buy some spring water to wash my rabbit butt (she is handicapped, no control her back legs) and wash our hands. The bathroom was so stinky because we couldn't flush toilet :( I am very glad the power came back after 24 hours, if it was more than that...., you know what I mean :)

    I am very sorry for your children, your circumstances is not the same as mine, you have children you have to protect. And for them, it must be very scary and stressful.

    My rabbits are very fine! Thanks :) We have only one rabbit who is very old. Young ones will resist the heat, but not old one. We had to keep change place to put her, looking for the coolest place being with her.

    Electric is very, very important for our life, isn't it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment