Mangetsu.

Mangetsu means full moon in Japanese.

I have made these coasters imaging full moon, since this wonderful lady Mai - SIESTA (etsy shop) - mairuru (blog) - has been inspiring me. I am a big fan of her. Her works just make me smile, and warm my heart up.
She doesn't use sewing machine to produce her works. All sewn by her miracle hands!
I usually (I would sadly say "seldom"...) don't sew by hand, it really impressed me!
And you can see how often she adds her works in her shop! Is she sewing, sewing, sewing all day long? I cannot believe she keeps to create those cute things every day!! As for me, for a reason that I don't often add a item in my shop...., I would be able to say that I am busy for quilting jobs thanks to my quilter friends give me, and I have 8 rabbits to take care of, and.... house chores...? I know they are all excuses! X-(

Anyway, here are the coasters!







So..., I thought I would do a little hand sewing, and.... what I have done is these... Are you asking me where is the part of hand work?? Can you see the stitches with golden thread around the moon? .............. yes, that's it.

I have been thinking to make some hand sewing works that I can do in Playgroup and Worker Bee (both are a name of quilting group I belong to). We get together every Mondays, and the 2nd Thursday, and some Fridays. I used to work on a grand mother's garden quilt (here is the old post about it), and though this happens very often..., it is left for a long time as you see. The more the quilt top grow, the more I need space to work with. I don't like to occupy large table space for it in the group :(

Anyway, I thought I would fix the holes of my husband's socks (hand work!) in the group next week, but it's no fun. Thinking of what I can do there. I usually do crocheting or just do nothing and chatting with other ladies.

By the way, Yesterday!!
I have got my new baby!!



I am still playing with it, enjoying many features that I didn't have on my old sewing machine.
It really sews fast, I could get one twin size quilting work done during only last night. Need to find a way to get along with this big baby. It is too great for me, and a little problems :(

Comments

  1. Hello! Thank you very much for this post.
    I live with only my boyfriend and live in very tiny room, so I have much more time than you (but less space...). And also, my items are small!

    I love your moon coasters very much! Especially the neat stitch line!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mai!
    Thank you for leaving a comment! I really envy all those ideas continuously come up on your mind, and your skill to create with them. I am not sure if I can do the same even if I have enough time to do. All of your items are truly One-of-a-kind!

    Thank you for liking my coasters! I love nature to use as a motif :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, those quarter moon coasters are amazing! the fabric choices are excellent - i love the way the gold just seems to shimmer and swirl. did you use an interfacing? or did you turn under the edges? your handwork is just so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new machine looks just like the one I want! It looks like it might be the Juki TL-98QE ... have you found anything that you don't like about it yet? I have a very tiny space to sew in (it is a closet!) and my machine is very old and not so good. I've been waiting patiently to find the right one.

    Also ... cute coasters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle,
    Thank you very much for your compliment :)
    I used quilt batting for these coasters. I think it gives nice thickness to the coaster.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jared,
    Yes, it is TL98QE!
    I hear so many positive feedbacks about this machine, some of my friend's friends use this machine either. And the friend who has a lot of knowledge and experiences about sewing machine - she now owns 4 sewing machine, Bernina Brother, Singer, and Janome - also suggested me this machine.
    It is no problem to saw straight like making a bag or a clothes, but I have a really little problem to do quilting. I am not sure what is causing the problem, it could be I received a naughty machine or just I don't know correct way to deal with it :( I am currently contacting with JUKI about it, and waiting what answer they bring...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emi,

    I lost the link to your blog right after I wrote my first post. :( But have just now found you again!

    I'm sorry to hear you are having a little trouble with your machine. Have you figured out the cause yet? I am still trying to find a place that sells Juki so I can try it out before I buy. I'm hoping everything is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jared,
    Thank you for looking for my blog :D
    My machine is now working properly! I am really not sure what was wrong, unfortunately :(
    JUKI had called me once, and told me that see the manual how to use the darning foot. That is all what they said. They also send me the copy of part of manual by e-mail, and then I sent them some pictures of stitches. I don't hear from them anything after that. It's been more than a month.
    I ignored what the manual say, and my machine is somehow sewing properly.
    I am not sure if I can recommend this machine to someone, since this is my first expensive sewing machine. If I have used other brand in the same level, I can compare. Maybe I will buy other brand next time.
    It would be difficult to find JUKI machine at local shop! But I agree with you, it is important to try it first before you buy! It's expensive shopping. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well thank you very much for your opinion. There are so many different brands available but Juki is actually one of the more affordable options for my needs ... provided it works correctly of course! I'll certainly keep your thoughts in mind when I do my shopping!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment