Felted bag.

My friend Paula offered us workshop of felted bag! Her way to teach everyone was really kind, I couldn't start the project at the same time of everyone did, so I had to ask her later whole process especially only for me... Many of our quilting group participated this project, some of them made multiple bags, Donna made... more than 10? She should be very busy always, where she was hiding the time to make such numbers of bags. She is always positive and powerful for anything, and the best mood maker I have ever met.

Here is the yarn I used.



And here is the completed knitting.
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw someone's project that is sooooooo big!! I know the bag shrink a lot after felting process, but it was BIG!



Here is the felted bag!
Since my husband seriously complain about I use the washing machine to felt a bag, I was thinking what I can do to use the washing machine without being caught by him. Jane then told me that there is a yarn shop let us use felting machine at $2.00! The shop location is very convenient place for me, I anyway went there to complete my project.







The felting machine worked so good! The yarn owner kindly let me use the machine, she even did all of the process for me. I thought I would buy one skein of yarn there feeling bad, but they were so expensive.......

I used waiting time mostly to knit the bag, at hospital, at car fix facilities, and at Playgroup activities. The yarn and the yarn needles are thick, it is really knitted so fast. I am thinking to make smaller felted bags than this bag for sale in other color, I hope I can start to knit it soon!

Comments

  1. This is C•U•T•E!!!
    I would love to make one for myself... is it for an
    advanced knitter? It's really nice... drool.

    It sure is messy after felting wool in a washer.
    I always collect the wool fuzz and use it for pincushion stuffing... it's wool, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Masko!
    I think this pattern is not advanced, maybe middle. But it wasn't difficult at all, the pattern is from a book...of..."pursenalities"? sorry... Paula just gave me a copy of the page, I don't exactly remember.
    You know, knitting patterns in USA is difficult to analyze! I couldn't get this purse done without Paula's workshop.

    Have you done felting process with laundry mesh bag put wool bag in it and wash? If it gives me enough good result for felting, I would try that. - I have to choose the time when my husband is not at home though. He care about septic tank a lot, and other quilting ladies kind of agreed with him. -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh ha! I have the book!
    It has many cute purses but I haven't tried any yet.
    Seeing a finished purse is better than flipping pages,
    now I am motivated.

    I wash lots of wools all the time... I usually get heavy wool coats and jackets at a thrift shop or yard sale, rip the seams then felt. I have made so many purses, hats, mittens, hooked rugs and flower brooches. I love dying them as well but lately I don't have time for it unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bag is on P.14 Vintage Bubble bag.
    I didn't see title of the book on the copy Paula gave me, couldn't know the correct title...
    Please check it! I can now tell you if you have a problem to analyze the instruction! ha-ha.

    My husband complains about the wool fuzz would stuck or clog in the septic tank system. My quilter friends agreed with it, so i think you better be careful about it since you now have a septic tank...
    If the felting result is the same as when you use a laundry mesh bag, you don't have to worry about it though :( I got to try that...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment