My first nonwoven textile shop bag!! :D

I have seen so many times my friends quilters use a shop bag made with nonwoven textile as a big paper bag.

This is it.



Probably, some fabric shops use this type of bag instead of plastic bag to put in customer's purchase. I have never seen the local stores use it, but had no idea where my friends get it.

I went to the QU - Quilters Unlimited - quilt show today. I couldn't be there for past few years, so I was so excited to join. Here in Virginia, we have a lot of rain since yesterday. Maybe I would give up today if today was not the delivering day of quilts and meet my customer at the show, but I had to go anyway.
I expected there wouldn't be many people there in this hard rain, but it was completely wrong as it took a while to find a parking place.

I enjoyed so much the beautiful quilts made by QU members, and .... SHOPPING!!

So many vendors participated in the show as usual! The bag came from one of the vendor. They carry items that we usually cannot get at local stores. It's easy to buy online, but very important to save shipping! I couldn't afford a lot, keep checking, checking, checking. My shopping purpose for today was thread.
Since I had a little problem with my new sewing machine - JUKI TE98QE -, I doubted small things - like thread, needle- may be causing the problem. I asked my quilting ladies what makers thread they use, what is their favorite. I didn't know there are so many famous thread makers in the USA. I use Coats & Clark because it is easy to get at the local stores, and they sometimes offer bargain for thread. I knew sulky and Gutterman, they also carry both maker's thread.
Then Jane and Pat told me Aurfil and Mettler are fine. I could find Mettler at one of the local store, and I tried that. It's good!! :D
Then Jane again told me that she usually buy many Aurfil thread in a big corns type (large quantity) at the show. One corn cost around $39, but it lasts long time - 6000 yards! -



I purchased 2 of them, I am not sure if they last until the next quilt show - a year later -, probably not :( But I have the vendor's information, I found I can get it either online.

And my other purchases!



Pretty! isn't it? One project came up on my mind, when I saw this fabric.
I know, it would be changed much later during I don't have time to complete the project and forget about it :( I will anyway try.



I love jelly roll :D :D :D
I actually feel like I am cheating something when I buy this kind of charm. Because the fabric selection was made one of a designer belongs to the fabric company - moda -, it's not mine. When I make a quilt with a jelly roll or a quilt kit - never tried a kit though -, I feel like the quilt is a work of someone else. Why jelly roll attract me? It's because it is easy to make cute colors quilt.
Anyway, this jelly roll was 30% OFF! Woooo!



And red fabric from Andover - which was 50% off -, this would match with the jelly roll, and another jelly roll I have...



Come to think of it, these jelly roll's color scheme is almost the same.



I guess I cannot run away from my taste after all????

By the way.
I saw many of my friends at the show!
Diane, Ann ellen, Martha, Betty, Marsha (with her mother), and Nancy! Nancy carried a big wheeled shopping bag.... I thought she would really enjoy shopping....

Marsha, the Japanese patterned fabric wasn't cat. It is DOG.....

I had a wonderful day!!

Comments

  1. Glad to hear that you finally made it to a quilt show!
    It's fun, isn't it? I always stay at a show for 6,7 hours, just walking around, skipping lunch, but still not enough time.

    Watching demonstrations and try out new tools are fun also, but shopping is the main purpose -- as you mention here. I easily spend $500, I'm sure you don't blame me...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very right! I would love to do that too! I couldn't take a peak at demonstrations or classes this year since they separated the room for it. We had to go to take other entrance to get in the room. I didn't take any classes, so there was no reason to go to the room :(

    WOW, I wish I were you! I have never spend $500 at once for just materials. This time... it was less than what I made with quilting job! Homete! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful jelly rolls! And a great price :)

    Can't wait to see what you make out of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi mish2x!
    Long time no see! Thank you for checking my blog and for leaving a comment :)
    Your new home looks sooooooooo great, I want to be you~~~~~! ha-ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:49 AM

    That red and white dog fabric is so cute . . . I can see why it attracted you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Liz!
    I really couldn't resist myself from buying the fabric... It was like falling in love at first sight :)

    We will have another storm this week!! I cannot believe this so much rain! Did you cut the grass?? As for me..., not yet....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:04 PM

    No, I haven't cut the grass, it looks awful!

    But my son's pepper plant has produced one pepper big enough for him to pick yesterday. He was very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Liz!
    Congratulations to your son! :)
    It is so great feeling to have the first harvest that he made by himself! What did he do with the pepper? Did you cook for him? What other plants is he (and your family) growing?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:53 PM

    It's a jalepeno pepper, so my son won't eat it (I haven't cooked it yet, either). He does not like any vegetables at all, so I figured I would choose a plant for him that would be pretty easy to grow. My older daughter has a tomato plant, and my younger daughter has a bean plant. The girls will actually eat their vegetables! We only have a tiny part of our yard that gets much sun, so it's just a little container garden.

    I finally cut the grass today! It took forever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Liz,
    OH, the very spicy one like hell!! (>_<)
    Do you know why he chose the plant to grow?? Tomato and bean plants are better to grow!! :D
    Congratulations on the hard work done! Mine is still..... high height grasses are all over.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:53 PM

    Well, he likes the idea of hot peppers . . . just not eating them. My daughter's bean plant has exactly four beans on it. I think we will each get one and that will be it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment