Computer issue

Since I got a new computer with the newest operation system Windows 7, I worried about if I need to buy updated applications that work with Windows 7, but I had no choice. You cannot buy a new computer with older operation system. I used to use 2000 pro and XP, the applications I use are too old to be updated anymore, I was thinking I may have to buy full packages of them.

Luckily, Windows 7 pro and premium allows XP to run on the system, so I got Windows 7 professional for my computer. Since I am a very forever beginner of the computer world, my friend who lives in Japan has been helping me to solve any small problems, caused unexpected problems by changes on the computer, and setting it up. It is amazingly wonderful that he can operate my computer using remote software - Team Viewer -, I cannot believe that everything was done from Japan! All I did while he was working for my computer was to put necessary CD or DVD in the DVD drive, to turn on a hardware along his directions, and was just watching my computer, and sometimes.... knitting... (sorry....).
I now don't have to buy the new updated applications that is compatible with Windows 7 :D Hope this environment will last for a long time.

It is always nice to have a friend who is very knowledgeable about a computer...!!

Comments