Donation.

I'm too slow for things to do :( Maybe, if I have an organized brain, things are so easy to get done. And what I need to do dairy is simple enough to deal with, nothing difficult, "Don't complain, Don't make excuses, JUST DO IT!" things.
And another things making me energy down is because of feeling so sorry for my friends who lost her father, who hasn't been feeling well, who has a mother being not good,  my sister-in-law has been having difficulties in her life, my best friend in Japan is in bad situation at work, etc. Every time I see the way that my friends fighting to deal with problems, it let me learn. Well, I am again making excuses for not doing things.

Anyway.
I finally got an idea of how to make donations for Japan Relief through Red Cross.

I'm ashamed to say, this is my first time to donate to Red Cross, so I didn't know how to do.
I would prefer to donate to Japanese red cross since the disaster happened in Japan. I was wondering why my Japanese friends who live in the USA say "Donation to American Red Cross".

I checked online how to donate.
I would like to use my credit card to donate, but only bank transfer is allowed to deposit directly on Japanese red cross, or have to go through third party (WorldPay) to use credit cards. Also, contributions given to foreign governments are not tax deductible. OK. maybe that's why. Since I live in the USA, to donate to American Red Cross is the simplest way.

So I decided to donate 20% of my sales to American Red Cross for "Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami". I think I don't have to blame myself anymore for not doing anything for them. What I can do for the world is really tiny, but nothing (I hope).

Comments

  1. Anonymous5:05 PM

    Kyoko, I am always interested in what you have to say . . . sometimes even little tasks do seem insurmountable, don't they. I felt kind of paralyzed at first because the problems in Japan are so large, but I finally went ahead and made a donation to Doctors Without Borders. I have the same feeling of what I can do for the world being tiny. Hopefully many of us are doing something at the same time.

    On another note, I love your cherry blossom photos below. We have just started seeing cherry blossoms here and they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyoko (EmiShimosato)4:55 PM

    Hi Liz!
    Thank you for a donation for Japan. I think many people are feeling like we do. I usually don't do a lot of internet surfing; so took a while to realize that so many people are prompting to make donations for Japan. I have been feeling people's warmth everywhere recently. Very, very nice :)

    Since we had a really cold day in the last few days, I am afraid to see cherry blossoms may fall down without finishing their flower life. Hope they survive until the temparature goes up again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment