Herb Heaven


The last Sunday, my friend delivered me LOTS of herbs and eggplants, tomatos from her garden.







Especially, there were a LOT of BASIL! - I love basil! She REALLY gave me a lot, so I chopped the basil to make pestos. I didn't know basil roots when its stem was kept in a vase or glass of water - she told me.

Anyway, it's been 4 days since the last Sunday. I enjoyed most of eggplants and all basil exclude the pesto!

Also, dill! (below)


I hadn't used hard dills. Dills I see at grocery stores are like a horse tail, took a little what I want to use it for. I ended up cutting them into small pieces and boiled them for a while. It became dill soup with chicken + eggplant + tomatos. It was good :D

That Sunday night, I visited R's friend. His sister had a cooking magazine. I found a good recipe for the fat eggplant. It was eggplant's roll - slice fat eggplant, boil it in a pot for a while until it become soft enough to be able to roll; spread ground meat on the sliced eggplant, roll it and bake it. I had ground turkey in the refrigerator, so it was a perfect timing.

I haven't tried this herb yet (below). My garden friend told me that it's good with chicken. So, I will cook them with chicken tomorrow! - it's still good in the refrigerator :)


Thank you very much :D :D :D