QU Quilt Show 03


Yesterday was my first day of being an employee in America! Wow, finally.
I will talk about this after the pictures of the show!









































































































So, as for my job!

In Japan, my first part-time job was at a local post office that was only allowed to work for by my high school. Their hourly wage back then was $4. I was 16.

After graduated from high school, I started to work for a small snack shop going to college, and then a book store added to it, and taking phone calls in a tutoring company that was selling educational products as well as tutoring services.

After graduated from college, my first full-time job was phototypesetting. I am not sure how many of you know about this old technology anymore, it is a *newer* technology than typesetting. Along technology changes, many phototypesetting companies in Japan back then turned to be advertisement companies that design prints for ad such as flyers, business cards, posters, brochures, and monthly magazines. I stayed in this field longer than 10 years, although I changed companies several times. Accordingly, I learned DTP publishing through the jobs. In between of the companies, or/and as only weekend jobs, I enjoyed part-time jobs as well. Typing at a research company, selling life insurances, selling appliances, making sandwiches at a bread factory, making boxes for pills and medicine at a printing company, and so on. The 2 jobs, sandwiches and printing company, were very interesting in term of experiencing "mean woman's world" - like soap operas. Some women did not like me because I refused to belong any of group... ha-ha.

Anyway, my first job in America is a retail at Suzzie's Quilt Shop in Manassas!
Here is the website, and here is her Facebook.

Yesterday was like a quilting meeting continued all day. Susy carries really a lot of fabrics in many varieties! If you are local, it's worth to check this shop. She is a very friendly and smart lady. I thought all of the customers visited her shop yesterday might be her "friends." I now worry about myself spending the salary for buying fabrics...

But, I will do learn a lot through this job! Good for me! :D