Faith


I love donuts, according to R, every time he mentions about donuts, I always get very perky. Food always make me perky anyway.

This late morning, he said "I have a donut" to wake me up from a nap, and I got excited and said "WHERE!?" He laughed being satisfied by my reaction.

A few hours later, he again said "I am getting hungry. I may have a bit of donut."

I forgot what happened a few hours ago, and again asked "WHERE?! You really have it, don't you?!" He again laughed.

Then, I remembered what my Islam professor said yesterday in his lecture about faith (I enjoy his class very much). Muslims are required to have true faith in Allah. True faith means 100% trust in Him, total surrender and submission to Him. If you question "why Allah make me do this, why I have to do this?" you do not have faith. Just do what Allah tells you without questioning, that is faith, and same thing can be said to Christianity - faith in Jesus.

My professor gave me a very good example. When you see a doctor being sick, if you have faith in him, you will do whatever he says for recovery. But, if you do not have faith in him, you may question him "why this medicine, what they are for?"

I told R that I think I have faith in R because I do not think of possibility of he is tricking me, which means I trust him.

R felt bad a little, and said "well, God does not joke or trick either. I will get you some real donuts and coffee." Yay!

Funny afternoon, ha ha. I think religion works at some level to make people good :)

Be happy and cheerful! :D