New Year Days.


I am really feeling that I am in a break being away from school things! (- but actually I am now at the college library…)

I am enjoying cooking everyday, as R and my new landlady appreciate any of my cooking so far, and sewing projects. I appreciate their comments "After finishing 4 year university, go to a cooking school (to make my cooking professional - I hope not 'to at least cook something edible')." ha-ha-ha.

We finished 2014 with Toshikoshi Soba which is Japanese tradition to have soba between an old year and a new year, so start to eat before 12am on Dec 31 and finish eating after 12am on Jan 1 wishing a long prosper for a new year.



We had a different version of Ozoni on the New Year Day with Japanese Sake,



and cleaned my long years stashes cutting into 2.5" strips to make charity quilts!



So far, the stripes are categorized into 3 sections - Perky Girl, Flower Girl, and Boy. I have much more to go, of course.



Then, we had an unexpected power failure that lasted around 2 hours while I was cooking cream stew. So, I took advantage of it and did appliqué in candle lights.





Then, I received a package from Japan sent by one of my best friends. Full of Japanese food!



So, we had Zenzai, Japanese sweet.



Also, cleaned up my stuff - craft items, books, fabrics, too small clothing, shoes, etc -, took to "free for good home" at my quilting bee and donated to Good Will. Total around 15 boxes. I feel good!



And, since my birthday is coming, Nancy brought a cake to the quilting bee. I appreciate birthday gifts from my quilter friends and a big birthday song from the members!



After a long time, I made 2 drawstrings bags for my etsy shop. New Items!



I cannot stop loving small circles.



And, made Snoopy cushions recycling my old clothes which was never worn, but was kept for 25 years.



I still need to reshape my belongings. My sewing projects left for a long time including ones that haven't started yet were organized and waiting to be finished.

Since I did not have much time for myself for a long time, I strongly feel that I need it before the next move.

I also would love to add new items for my etsy shop! Although there have not been new additions for a long time, I still have transactions and interactions with my customers. The numbers of admires and positive feedbacks are growing little by little. I appreciate their attentions to my shop.

Getting excited!