Indigo Dye Experience (1)



I wanted to try Indigo Dye for years, and it was one of my priority to do this summer.
I did some research about dyeing a year ago (and did not have time to do it last year), so got materials needed and tried with my quilty friends who has a lot of dye experience.

T-shirts.
2 for me, and 1 for R. I realized after dyed that he does not usually wear a T-shirt, only when going to gym. So it would be eventually mine :)





















Dyeing process.
Soak fabrics in water.




Soak in a dye bath.



Oxidizing.



I had to repeat the process of soaking & oxidizing a few times to get a desired color. I would say at least 3 times to get denim color.

After leaving 24 hours. Still wet.



Rinse by hand, and wash 2 loads by washing machine with neutral ph. detergent (for delicate laundry).

Cotton dye result.

One soaking, plain fabric. I love mottling look.



Patterned.











Sibori.





Resulted from them.







Cloth pins.



Resulted from this piece.



Bamboo skewer.



Resulted from this piece.



Rubber bands.





Another rubber bands.





Wooden pieces sandwich.





Screws.







I love indigo color. Even small pieces will make a nice project.



I cannot wait to turn them into a quilt!