Quilts in December 2017


My winter break began on December 15, and I made three quilts by now, also, quilted for a big quilt and a small quilt for a customer after a looooong time. I felt it is getting harder for me to do because of presbyopia, though, I appreciate there are still people who ask me to quilt from my old address.

R and I were planning to visit friends in our previous place after Christmas, but we could not hold the place to stay this time. Instead, I can join a meeting of my new quilting group for making charity quilts activity. I think I will have fun.

So, about my work in the last 7 days!

Sometime in November, my friend asked me if I can make something special as a Christmas gift for her daughter who loves Japan and cats, so I promised to start working on it after the fall semester is over.

Front


Back


The backing is a fabric that I dyed this past summer. I thought it is convenient to have a stock of this kind of fabric - so I would do a lot of indigo dye this coming summer, maybe a few times if I can.

For a baby girl born in a Syrian Priest family we got to know each other because R was teaching him English, and we are invited to their periodical events such as Thanksgiving and Christmas.



For a baby girl born in a boxer family who come to a the same gym that we go.



"Wa" table runners for etsy.



Ready for quilting - Hand-dyed big one for etsy. The top was made probably in summer.



Ready for quilting, 2 small ones with hand-dyed fabrics for etsy, approx. 50 x 50 inches. Finally, I am using fabrics I dyed in the last 2 summers.

Front


Back


Front


Back


Once I started to make quilts, it's difficult to stop! There are plenty of fabrics, and plenty of ideas of what I want to make. I am often overwhelmed by just thinking of my future projects.