Washing my keyboard :(

I have spilled beer on my keyboard 4 days ago :(
I thought it would not be a big problem for typing, but it was. Each key got harder to type, sometimes it is very firm and it doesn't get up after typed!!
I didn't have time to wash it for 2 days after that happening, but finally asked my husband yesterday how he did it before. I have heard he has spilled coffee on this keyboard (he uses other one for his computer now), and washed whole of it, dried well, there was no problem.

So, my keyboard was washed twice! ha.

Look at this messy inside of the keyboard!!
All plastic small keys were removed from the board.
My computer is in the family room which is a play room for my rabbits. It is hard to believe that rabbit's fur is even in this narrow spaces!! It could be a time to wash it anyway!




My husband is washing it really with kitchen soap. It is in a bucket in the sink of the kitchen.




And dried it well under the sun!



I waited for about 2 hours to get it dry completely. I am glad we are in summer now. Although the weather is very lovely cool lately, the sunshine is still for summer.

I couldn't believe when I ever heard he washed it, but it works. He told me that "Don't recommend it to other people." though ;)

Comments

  1. Anonymous10:24 AM

    Wow, I never knew you could do that. Your husband is very clever. I have spilled coffee on my keyboard and it made it horribly sticky--I think I ended up buying a new one. Now I have a rule about not eating when I'm typing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz!
    I was surprised when I heard first time too! I believe many people don't even think of it. According my husband, you have to dry the keyboard completely before you assemble it after washing. The parts are made from stainless, so they are not rust, but it is dangerous if it's not dried completely. You may get electric shock!
    You are smarter than I am, I am again drinking beer now. I should learn something from the experience! ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:08 PM

    Well, beer is harder to resist than coffee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would love to give my keyboard a thorough cleaning but i would probably get shocked! hehe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment