Nancy's Quilt.

Finally done!
It took a looooooong time to get it done, I absolutely enjoyed making it at all! I mean it! Enjoyed collecting 16 kind of orange batik fabrics, sewing curves, binding curves, and of course quilting as well!

Our quilting group will join one event in DC tomorrow, I have decided to bring it to show off! Nancy's birthday is Jan. 23, but I cannot wait to see her reaction until then! This quilt was originally made for showing my appreciation to her kindness - she gave me her treasure, a heavy old sewing machine in mint condition with her memories -.

I will give this quilt to her tomorrow after the event.
I am soooooooooooooooo excited to think about it, I cannot stop myself grinning :D :D :D :D

Donna! Please don't tell her about it until I see her tomorrow if you find this post! She is not supposed to check my blog :)











Comments

  1. Oh my, this is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:56 PM

    Kyoko, it is so very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys!!
    I think my friend Nancy liked it! She was upset when I told her that I made the quilt for her, and I didn't have much time to talk with her, so I didn't actually see much how she seemed like... but I was told by a few friends that she was crying with joy, and she loved it! I am very happy if she really loved it, because I wanted her to feel how I have felt (and have been feeling) when she gave me the sewing machine, and every time she is so kind to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:30 PM

    Kyoko, that quilt is so beautiful and such a lovely thing to do for your friend. I don't doubt that she loved it.

    I'm sorry I haven't checked in often--happy belated birthday! We all have the flu here, so we're being very quiet.

    Any chance you will try to attend the inauguration? I decided it will be too cold and too big a crowd for my kids, so we will watch it on TV. Part of me would like to go, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Liz!
    I am so sorry for you and your family have the flu! Hope it will be gone very soon.... It's no fun.

    I am also not going attend the inauguration. I hear a lot of news from people, on TV that DC will be in mess on that day! It seems like impossible even to reach there from VA. I could try to attend if my husband would be with me, but both of us cannot leave home together more than 3-4 hours since one of us need to take care of our handicapped rabbit. We will watch it on TV as you are going to do :) Hope the new president will really change this country!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment