Aloe face toner.

I think it is not common to use face toner in the USA, but we Japanese.
I asked some of my Japanese friends who live in other states, and they also said they cannot find similar one that we used to use in Japan.

I didn't mind to not use face toner for a while after I moved in the USA, since I didn't have serious skin problems, but lately :(
I think our skin needs moisture, and need to hold it. Only skin lotion (we call toner as lotion, and lotion as cream in Japan) is not enough to have moisture-retaining skin. Especially here in Virginia has dried weather all through a year, I started to have unexpected problem on my skin that I didn't have in Japan.

I looked for face toner, tried Avon one first since one of my friend was used to sell Avon products. But I can no longer have it since she has a job now and cannot see each other often. I see one Asian grocery store in my area sells Japanese facial products, but they are soooooo expensive!!

One of my Japanese friend who lives in the Washington state suggested me to make it by myself, and gave me aloe face toner recipe.



So...., here is the toner being in progress.
I found Aloe pot at Home Depot at $3.99, and the liquid is vodka. I forgot to make the bottle sterile, and it started to turn into red color :( My friend told me that I can add 3 peeled lemons if I remake it. I got go get some more vodka for it since I used them all for the bottle. I hope my husband doesn't find I have a bottle of vodka, otherwise.... he would drink it :(

Comments

  1. have you tried witch hazel? i think they sell it in most drugstores, it should be next to the rubbing alcohol, peroxide, etc. it is very nice as a toner. maybe you could mix in some aloe with that as well - i'd worry that just vodka which is mostly alcohol would be quite drying. i'm curious as to how your experiment turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle,

    I have never heard of witch hazel. Looked up on the internet, and found it is kind of common to use for skin product here. Thank you for the information!
    I am sorry for making you confused, I add glycerin and purified water (vodka 1 : purified water 9) when I use it on my skin. I have to wait a month until it is matured. I should include it in the post!
    Thank you so much for your advice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emi,
    Great recipe! I buy my witch hazel from MountainRoseHerbs.com. It's very pure.
    I hope you have been enjoying the Sakura blossoms. They are at their peak this weekend!
    Best,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi herbanlifestyle,
    Thank you for that information! I looked through the site, it looks very good!
    I watched the parade of Sakura festival in DC on TV! It was fun. I felt like the parade this year is bigger and better than the last year. Sakura in DC is really nice, hope the flowers stays on branches as long as they can!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment