Twin size quilts order

Finally! :D DONE! :D :D

They are big... I didn't recognize how big they are until I make the tops by myself.
I do quilting job, and I have done many of twin size quilts (only quilting), but I felt something difference when I made the tops by myself. I recognized I seldom make a big size quilt.

Here is one of them!
Tree quilt in green! :D























FUN! isn't it?

And here is the Korean alphabet quilt.

















Korean basic alphabets are much easier than Japanese basic alphabets. I now have patterns of them that I drew, so I will make it again for sale in much smaller size. I appreciate the lady who offered me to make this as throwing me the idea!

Most difficult part for me to make this quilt was what I had to draw the alphabet pattern. I don't have Korean language on my computer. I just typed Japanese alphabet when I made the pattern of Japanese one because I have Japanese language with many fonts. As Japanese alphabets slightly change its shape depends on a font, Korean alphabets also do. I had to compare all images to find the shapes in round gothic font through the internet. It was a good experience.

My friend told me that how about to make other language's quilt in future like Arabic. Unfortunately...., I am not thinking of it....

I love the result of both of them, I hope my customer would love them too!!

Comments

  1. Anonymous4:30 PM

    My goodness, you have been busy, Kyoko! (Quilting and blogging!)

    They are all beautiful. I especially like the way the tree contrasts with the patchwork part of the big quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz!
    Yeeeessss.... I have been busy in fun! I had purchased a good quantity of fabrics (enjoyed shopping...), maybe now it is the time to keep making!

    How was today's storm in your area? We had a lot of thundering and lightning, and of course very heavy rain here. Hope nothing bothered you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:07 PM

    Yes! No, we lost power for a few minutes, and our basement is wet, but nothing too serious. We have needed the rain, but now I want to be able to cut the grass!

    That felted bag is really nice. I had never heard of a felting machine before. You seem to be having a very creative period right now--maybe because it's spring?

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES, my yard (both front and back) is messy too. They really grow so fast after the rain!

    I didn't know about a felting machine neither until my friend told me. It is like a compact washing machine made with plastic, you need to drain the water by yourself. It has a small and short hose on the bottom. The yarn owner told me that it's a good option to have it if you felt a lot. Maybe, it's like you buy a new vacuum cleaner.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment