Korean alphabet quilt

Finally!

Since I made a Korean alphabet quilt in twin size at a custom order, I have wanted to make it in smaller size. I started to make it in the same block size as Japanese alphabet quilt, but I have noticed in the middle of process that I made a mistake of vertical and horizontal....

The number of Japanese alphabet (hiragana) is 50 (actually 46, since old style script was removed and left the space as empty by the Japanese government) and we read them vertically right to left. But Korean basic alphabet is 40 and read them horizontally left to right, same as English. My brain got confused and to make the quilt size not to odd, I had to adjust the block size after applique process was done. OH! X-(

Anyway, I think the result turned to be pretty! Hope it will be sold :) Thinking to make a Korean alphabet quilt again in the same style of Japanese alphabet quilt after this one is sold as a sample quilt of custom order. So people can choose backing from a selection :)

Comments

  1. I love your quilt! I'm hoping to make a similar one for my friend who is adopting a little boy from South Korea. Do you have any tips you'd share? I want to make it crib size and hope to have it done in about a month or two. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca,
    So sorry for taking so long to respond.
    I drew the alphabets with drawing application after downloaded images of them from the internet. And flipped them over, enlarged, printed, then I used them as a pattern. I was a little afraid of I might be making mistake because I am not a Korean and cannot find the mistake. I believe there is no problem with it because no one claim it after 6 quilts were sold. ha ha.
    Please see the other info here, if you would need it.
    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30922362

    Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment