Things that Go Bump in the Night

The new 18 x 18 project from my quilting group.
We enjoy to describe ourselves on a 18"x18" quilt along one title.

And this time, I took "Things that Go Bump in the Night" from some of
the projects.
we had to include one red fabric which was provided by the organizer
of this project, in any way and any amount you like.

I didn't understand what its meaning when I first heard of it.

I very easily fall asleep once I get in the bed. One or two minutes is
enough to fall asleep, and don't wake up until next morning! So I
don't have something scares me in midnight, but nightmare.

The due is coming! It is September 11th.
Tried to describe nightmare on the quilt, and I feel like it seemed to
go well..., but it is very ordinal.... I think people's common image
of nightmare is like this.

What do you think???

Anyway :) I don't have to be in rush until the last minute to complete
this project!
I have finished :D

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:27 PM

    That is beautiful, Kyoko. It all flows beautifully together, and I think your idea of portraying 9/11 as a thing that goes bump in the night is very moving.

    When I was a child I had nightmares that I was falling through the air--I wonder how you could quilt that?

    Will you be able to show us pictures of the pieces made by the other members of your group? It would be interesting to see the different ways people interpret the same theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also looking forward to seeing other member's works! We have a website here.
    http://www.playingoutsidetheblock.com/
    You can see some projects we have done!
    We show and tell what we have done for "thing that goes bump in the night" on 9/11, someone will take a picture of each of work. They will be uploaded to this website later.

    I imagined and imagined how I can show "falling" on a quilt, all I can think of is like this object.
    http://www.celsys.co.jp/community/csd20enjoy/d05/img/005_17.jpg

    But I cannot figure out how to express this on a quilt...! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:04 PM

    Thanks for the website, I will look for the listings after 9/11.

    I like that falling image--very hard to do in fabric, I imagine! That feeling of being sucked into the middle of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a wonderful meeting today!!
    To see member's artistry is just fun, and we have such amazing artists in the group!!
    The pictures of works would be post soon, please enjoy them :)

    Did your son had nice summer things before he go back to school?? I hope he did.

    Kyoko

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment