Generation gap from Body Scrub

I had my first time to use body scrub the other day. You may feel something odd from this post, but I am not a stranger very much.

I didn't know what body scrub is, because I have never used it.
The last Sunday, my first American friend Debbie gave me a gorgeous bath set. The body scrub was in the set, and Debbie told me that it is like a body shampoo to clean your body.

I tried it 2 days later. Put it on my mesh towel to scrub my body. I expected to see a lot of bubbles... but they have never appeared. I think, in my generation, something liquid or gel to wash your body, bubbles are supposed to appear when you rub with a towel. I thought I need to put it more on the towel maybe, but I got the same result - bubbles don't appear. - STRANGE!

After the shower, I asked my house owner - she is older than me - if she knows about body scrub. She told me the same as Debbie said, it is like a body shampoo to clean your body. She added that bubbles shouldn't appear. OH. She added more that she prefer to use soap instead of it. WE need bubbles to clean our body!

Her daughter who is 21 likes to use that kind of things, so I decided to give it to her... I am sorry, Debbie... but I need bubbles to clean my body. I think it's because I was born in older generation. I have never seen body scrub in my young time :(

Thanks again Debbie, for your hospitality the last Sunday!

P.S. maybe Amyee could use it....

Comments

  1. Donna8:39 PM

    No, Kyoko, Aimee loves lots and lots and lots of bubbles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha, Donna!!

    Aimee is also from my generation, then! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mum got me orange scrubs once, it was really strange when the bubbles didn't come out...
    It felt really uncomfortable and yes, I do get your meaning that we need bubbles to feel we're getting clean. Heheh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the scrubs sometimes because I get dry skin and they seem to help, but I also like bubbles so sometimes I mix the scrub with a bath gel so I have scrub along with the bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Peter,
    I am glad to find a person who also need bubbles to wash the body!! :D Thank you for leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Donna,
    It's a good idea to mix the scrub with a bath gel. I have not used a bath gel, does it make a lot of bubbles with small amount? I got to try it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment