Chinese Phonic Symbol Quilt.

Here is the quilt top of Chinese phonic symbol quilt that I have been working on. Finally the top is done :) I am now waiting for a reply from my customer to know her preference of fabric for backing. This quilt should be done as soon as I hear from her! :D


When I first heard from her about ordering "Chinese alphabet quilt", I was afraid to think of how the alphabets are complicated to do applique each of them.

Come to think of it, I am not sure about Korean though, Japanese Hiragana (and Katakana) and English alphabets can be also meant as phonic symbols. They all show the role of pronunciations; and the combination of those alphabets make words. Big difference between Japanese/English alphabets and Chinese phonic symbol is, Japanese/English alphabets are used for writing in as-is; but Chinese phonic symbol is only for phonic, they have other characters for writing.

I would never know about this if my customer didn't ask me for the custom order. They really grow me smarter :) Thank you! :D

Comments