New quilt.


Made this place mat yesterday.



And I thought I would make a simple lap size quilt in this quilting pattern in a day. Looks like this (below).


Greens or Blues borders would be interesting, but how about "Lacy dreamy girl" color scheme? And, collected fabrics are here.




Well......., started to feel the first design may not work for a result what I want. Just borders with those may be too boring. Still not sure about it since they often change atmosphere at each procedures, when it is a quilt top, after it is quilted.

So, how about this way?



And, I have to have a problem with finding suitable fabric for the frame with the lacy dreamy girl team.

Well, the quilt will not be done in today :(
Maybe, make two quilts in each design would be fun to see the results.
Awwwwww, homework is waiting for me though....

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:13 PM

    It is very interesting for me to hear your thought process when designing. I could never do it! I surely admire the results.

    P.S. Happy birthday to your kitties; they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyoko7:45 PM

    Thanks, Liz! This process is fun! The worst thing is that taking so long for planning, and turns out totally disappointed..., which means wasting materials also :(

    One quilt top is done; I will post a little story about after this post tomorrow :)

    Thank you for a birthday wish for the kitties. They are just adorable!!! Especially Sonny (orange cat; male) is very special to me! I believe he was supposed to be born as a human!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:33 PM

    I love human-like cats! I have heard that orange cats are generally very friendly; I've never had one. Sonny has beautiful big eyes. The cat we have now is a brown tabby, and he is nice, too.

    Looking forward to reading about the new quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's VERY interesting to see how a cat react for something, isn't it. Each cats are different just like humans! My landlord has also told me that orange cats are generally friendly. I bet your brown tabby is very special to you :) A cat I had in japan is still the best for me. She lived for 22 years; I will never forget memories with her. She was just like a dog....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:35 PM

    My cat who died last fall was my best. He only lived to be 15, not long enough.

    Read your post above--you are still working it out! Found any beige fabrics with patterns yet?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment