What's this....


A few days ago, I opened one of my drawer for fabric stashes. There was a bag of full of stash, which was given by my friend almost/more than 2 years ago. They are old print, probably from 1960s. Looked for soft light gray in my room which may go well with the old prints, but didn't find. The last Monday's quilting meeting was at a fabric store, so I looked for light gray, but couldn't find. Donna kindly and generously gave me a nice neat looking light gray though, felt like it wouldn't go well with them and quantity wasn't enough for what I wanted to do. I feel like I may end up using it somewhere though.

So, AGAIN I looked for soft nice printed BEIGE which I couldn't previously find, so I knew I don't have... but tried again.

Well.... so I took solid soft beige and started to grow blocks :D
Here they are.


Sew, sew, sew and cut, cut, cut making strips and sew, sew, sew again.
It's fun.

While the first "sew, sew, sew", I noticed I did too much "sew". So, here is an unexpected big quilt top from the first sew though.....,


What's this....
I don't know what to do with this...
Probably it won't be sold... Too boring... (>_<)
I like it though.
I should put some small accents in it and cut more sew more, but not after added borders.
I am not sure how I want to quilt it. Very simple, simple line may work with variated thread, or swirls as usual, but...

Last night, I went to CVS for some reason, and took a look at cards there.






Flowers may work! Flowers garden on the 60s print!

But the quilt size is big. It would be more than 80x80. HEAVY to move it on my sewing machine. I am not sure if I have such a patient to quilt with small quilting pattern.

Well, let's see what happens. I may end up chopping it up again. It will be a long trip....

Comments