Langston Hughes and Walt Whitman

The two English classes I am taking in this semester
really changed my world.

They taught me how to read and enjoy literature.

Many people do not like to read, and I am one of them, because
it requires thinking ability.

Because we are so lazy and do not like to use our brain
and visualized images such as DVD, TV programs, and movie spoil us
and take our thinking ability away,
we prefer them than books.

When we read a book, we are required to make visual images in our brain.
The images are based on our understanding from reading,
it naturally requires ability of thinking and knowledge we have,
no one can help us.

Reading good literature is the same as
meeting intelligent people
because it is the same as understanding the authors' thoughts.

It's a challenge.
It's learning.

I like to learn history because it is the same as learning people.
I heard the name of Langston Hughes in American history class,
and his name came up in English class also
- he is best know African-American writer during Harlem Renaissance.

I picked him for the topic of my research paper for English class
and learned he loved Walt Whitman - I love his energetic poems also -.

So, I had a little research on Whitman as well, and learned
he was a great man, just like a typical hero.

I want to know more about the world - intelligent people -,
they move the world, it's very interesting.

I said that to R, and he said,
"It's too interesting. That's why I can't stop studying."

To me, R is one of those intelligent people, though.