Japanese Antique Quilt 2


How is your Thanksgiving week?? Mine is so nice, peaceful, and relaxing. It's because I had a lot less assignments this week. So, I could enjoy sewing! :D

The first Japanese quilt (custom order) with Japanese antique fabric is done :D
My customer sent me some images of what he expects for the quilt, so I took one of the patterns from them. They look easy, but it was tricky. Although the quilt in the pictures looks more vivid than actual colors, the actual colors are muted.





I started to work on the second quilt order. The pattern is the same as my "Pastel city" quilt. I enjoy sewing all small pieces together, which are remains of this first quilt and the zabuton covers :D It's simply fun :D

By the way. I joined one thanksgiving party. When the participants were talking about the American economy and some politics, I could understand one thing this time. It's because I have learned a little about American history and American in my English class. I was so excited about it because I am always feeling like walking in fog when people talk, but thanks to one keyword that one lady brought up, the conversation in the party suddenly made sense to me. Wow. This experience was really, really interesting. I think I understood the attractions of learning something. It's hard, though.

Tomorrow will be the last day of Thanksgiving holiday. I will keep relaxing :D
Have a nice weekend to you all.