Get-well Quilt

My friend's mother got a breast cancer. My friend is like my mother and my older sister.... I love her. She is respectable person.

I have met her mother when she visited my friend from Florida. Her mother is so frank, loves animals and working for her vegetable garden. I was given some tomatoes by her when she was in Virginia, they were sweet as I can believe that tomatoes were made as a fruit.

After her mother came back to Florida, she went to see a doctor, and found the breast cancer. She needed to get surgery immidiately. My friend went to Florida to take care of her, have been staying more than 3 weeks.

I can do nothing for her, but praying, and thought I can make a quilt. I made this quilt imaging her mother is working for her vegetable garden. I wanted send this quilt during my friend is in Florida, so I really worked so hard! ha-ha.

The last Saturday, my friend called me from Florida to let me know she got the quilt. Also her mother talked me on the phone in spite of she has pnermonia... I felt so bad...
I don't believe God as I don't have any religion, but I prayed for her at this time wishing she will get better very soon.

Comments

  1. Your quilt is beautiful - and I hope your friend's mother is doing well. I recently lost a good quilting friend to breast cancer, so I know how sad it is. I also enjoyed reading about your rabbits!
    You have a very kind heart, I can tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hecatine!
    How is your life in Costa Rika?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi pamela,
    Thank you for the comment. My friend told me that her mother is doing well. I'm glad to hear that :-) I am so sorry to hear that you lost your friend to breast cancer...
    Actually, I lost my rabbit (Charlie) on the last Wednesday. He also might had bladder cancer and it was spread to his neck. He became bedridden since the end of this May, because of the cancer was pushing nerves in the neck bone. That was we were told by vets. But we never know if it was true or not, because he past away before we figure it out.

    Thank you very much for reading my articles written in poor skilled English!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment