Bread Maker

Glad to hear that the hurricane Gustav didn't bring huge damages than we expected to Louisiana this time. I have a Japanese friend who moved to Tennessee after experienced Katrina. Her husband's family didn't evacuate this time.
I didn't know where she lived at that time (we met on the internet), I didn't even connect her to Katrina, just wondering how she is doing after she stopped to post on the website we met. It was miracle I could see her again at the other website, we both uses different name there, but once I saw her quilt in a picture I recognized it's her.

She also has a Etsy shop. It's closed now, but would be opened soon.

Siam Square

Please check out her shop and check the sold items for future, you may find something you like. She would take custom order when the shop is opened :)


About Bread maker.
Since my friend gave me a bread maker, my husband and I keep making bread one after another. He was so excited when he knew my friend gave it to me. (I didn't know he wanted it.) He looked up internet to find some recipes that don't use eggs and butter.

Unfortunately, All of the breads we made are so hard! Inside is still acceptable, but outside is like a rock! This is my first time to make a bread, I have never ever done it. One lady told me that how to make sure if the yeast is active, and I think it is alive, it made tiny bubbles in warm water with sugar.

The breads that too hard to eat become food for birds...
It's hung down from a tree in my back yard like this, ha-ha.
My husband hanged it for me where I can see it from the kitchen.



Enclose.
This is a corn banana bread :( Inside was too dry and outside is too firm, couldn't eat :(
We added some roosts to it :D



After the corn banana bread, I tried beans bread changing ingredients a little.
I asked my husband if birds can eat beans expecting the bread would be again so hard. He said "It doesn't matter. Birds cannot figured out if it's beans or plant's seeds. They will eat." -- beans are also seeds though --, I meant I don't want the birds to be sick because of the bread though :(
The beans bread is enough edible, although I had to remove the outside :(

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:42 PM

    Bread machines take a while to master. I have a no-fail recipe if you're interested. Contact me through www.MoonlightingQuilts.com. Found you through Donna Desoto, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your kindness! I would love to have the recipe!
    Donna is a super great wonderful lady as probably you know :) I keep appreciating her all the time. As this time, she brought you to my blog!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that is so funny that you put the bread out like that for the birds!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment