Whoo!

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Pillowcase dress
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

My friend's daughter wearing a pillowcase dress I made!



My friend lives in Japan now, I met her at the English conversation club in my area of the USA. She lived in the USA for 2 years, and went back to Japan. It is very interesting her daughter's birthday is Dec. 26, 2008, that was the day of the D & C surgery for me, and also our anniversary. It's just a coincidence, but I feel like something special for her daughter. I unfortunately haven't seen her daughter in person though. She gave the daughter a birth in Utah after moved from Virginia, then went back to Japan.

I don't have any human children, so I don't have a model for my pillowcase dress. I am very happy to see the dress fitted her daughter! :)

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Playing Outside the Block
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

This is the quilting group I belong to. I am a quiet member because of my English speaking problem (hearing skill is much better than speaking), but the ladies are very patient for me, positively try to understand what I speak, talk to me nicely, I appreciate it very much. I am kind of a listener even when I am with my Japanese friend. I can speak well when my mood is for "speaking", but I cannot even explain about something well when my mood is "not speaking". So this personality is helping me to be quiet.

Anyway.

Lisa Ellis have made a wonderful website of the group!

Playing Outside the Block

The pictures were taken by Priscilla Stultz.
The block I made is shown on the website :)

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Pizza
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

I use my bread machine almost everyday!
Here is my first home-made pizza.



It was delicious like PapaJohns Pizza, which is my husband and my favorite!
Although my husband strictly avoids any kind of oil and fat because of the health problem (high blood pressure, high cholesterol), he sometimes eats pizza.



This is a picture of dough. Yeast worked so hard to make flower rise, it was very soft and even look like it's already baked!

My life has been built on people's kindness.

Comments

  1. Anonymous5:04 AM

    Oh my goodness!!! The pizza looks amazing!!! I'm drooling already.
    Green tea is good for health isn't it? Maybe your husband would like some?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:29 PM

    Oh, your friend's daughter is adorable, and the dress looks pretty and comfortable on her.

    I make pizza from scratch a lot, also, because it is so much cheaper. Yours looks delicious. Maybe I need a bread machine?

    The quilting group's blocks are beautiful, especially all together--I love how people interpret a craft challenge in different ways.

    Thank you for your comments in the other post. You're right, I miss the kids now that they are all gone! I do some freelance work, but that only takes an hour or two a day, and then I am at loose ends for a while. I have been trying to meet up with friends once or twice a week, but I think I am going to have to find more work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweetie your friends daughter is, and she looks totally adorable in your pillow dress!
    your pizza looks so yummy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Catherine,
    I lately make the pizza at least once a week. It's really good :)
    Yes, green tea is good for health. Japanese food is generally good for health, but unfortunately my husband doesn't like them! He says it's stinky, and strange.
    I think many of American people don't like fish, maybe because this country is too big and most states are away from ocean. My husband also doesn't like fish, even fishy :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Liz!
    Whaaao, I believe you need a bread machine! To make a pizza from scratch is very hard. But maybe, I better to not use the bread machine for my exercizing???

    I love this quilting group, everyone is so creative, they are all artist. They are so nice and kind as well. Yes, it is always interesting to see peoples challenge. We all are inspiring each other.

    Are you getting used to not having your children around you in daytime? Maybe you need to creat something and become an Etsy seller to spend your spare time! What do you think? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susan,
    I haven't meet my friend's daughter in person though, I wish I could see her someday. I am glad to see the dress fitted her :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment