Belated Happy New Year...

Hope you had a great new year's day!
Mine was good!

New Year's day is the most important celebration in Japan. I think it is just like the Christmas day in the USA, family get together, have special dishes, children get special allowance from adults, some people go to a shrine to wish fortune for this year.

I visited a temple in my area this year with my new friends who I met at the end of the year party. We expected something Japanese traditional like we do in Japan, but there was nothing we expected. The building looked just like a office, and the inside was like a Christian church. We saw a Buddha statue, had to take off the shoes before getting in the building as Japanese custom, and there was a small Japanese styled garden next to the building. My friend was even in Kimono, I believe she was really disappointed.

We had the new year's party after that at her house, we chat and chat, I had a great time!

Hope this year will have a full of fortune for you, and of course for me too!

Comments

  1. Anonymous2:38 PM

    Happy new year, Kyoko! I hope many good things happen for you in 2009.

    It is good to see you posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz!!
    Thank you for checking in! How is your holidays?
    I will try to post oftener on this blog and ..., make new items for my etsy shops this year! When I am so lazy, I stay in front of my computer most of the day...
    Wishing your and people around you a full of fortune!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Thanks for the holiday card too. You are so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi bettyninja!
    Thanks for visiting! If the card made you smile even a bit, it's my pleasure! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment