Green check crib quilt.

Last night, I started to make the blocks of this quilt while I was waiting for laundry to get pre-shrink to the fabric for binding of the twin size quilt that I had worked on at that time. (Now, the twin quilt has been done! I will write about it soon!)











I couldn't stop myself continuing working on it, since more than half process was done when laundry and drying the fabric was finished. I thought I would finish this small quilt top making in the last night, and quilt it in this morning. And it has been done :) Those process really went quickly!

I took another pictures for comparison when the quilt were in process, how the quilt look like depending on which fabric you choose for frames.









They are all similar color scheme - sage green -. I ended up taking the green check pattern fabric matched with the other fabric used for the center part of quilt. The polka dot one looked a little weaker compared to the center part, and the other one looked a little dominant and I felt something is strange...

It is always fun when I consider color matching, but this is the hardest part when I make a quilt. Even I take really loooong time for considering, but sometimes it end up failing. Although I usually finish the project even when I notice in process that "I have failed!"... :(

This time, I think it went OK for this quilt, but it looks "nothing special particularly." Ummmmmmm...

BY THE WAY!
I used compensating presser foot to make this quilt top. I didn't know there is such a convenient foot in this world! It came with my new sewing machine, and wondering how I can use it. My friend told me what it for, and I have tried. With this foot, I didn't have to worry about "corners"! When you make a quilt, I think many or most of quilters care about where a corner and a corner meet to make perfectly beautiful quilt pattern.
This quilt has many triangles which means many sharp corners on it! And I could have perfect corners as you see. I'm thankful for this foot :D

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:08 PM

    Hi! I'm curious about your new sewing foot and what it does...
    And I like the photos of the various choices for the green sashing... What a good way to compare them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi septemberbird,
    I am not sure what is the foot called in general, my sewing machine instruction said it is compensating presser foot. It has a metal part next to normal foot, that metal part doesn't allow fabric to slide off when you are sewing, so you can always keep the fabric straight. It end up keeping the sewing line really straight and the same width of seam allowance for all of blocks.
    It looks like this --> http://bit.ly/r4L7B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:34 PM

    I think I know what you are describing. Thanks! I have a similar attatchment for my machine and use it for keeping my quilting lines straight and uniform. I wouldn't know what to call it if asked:) but it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know that you already enjoy the foot! :) This really works great, doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. q hermoso blog felicitaciones desde argentina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia,
    Thank you for leaving a comment!
    I don't understand Spanish, but appreciate you for your comment :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment