Okra Groves!


It is hard to believe that it has been almost a month since the last article was posted - but, I feel the past month seems like 3 months as well.

I have a LOT to write about, but just cannot keep up with :(

My friend since high school was visiting me from Japan 19 - 25 in July. We really had a lot of fun!!! - I would like to write about that, though... Once the switch of Japanese language in me is turned on, I could not stop talking, which probably my American friends would not believe it.

Thanks to S&R and Nancy who is letting me use her garden for okra, everything went so very well and smoothly during her visitation. It was WONDERFUL :D :D :D She definitely helped to make this summer special more.

So, here are the Okra Grove mentioned in the title!













They are growing and growing, now harvesting approx. 15 okuras every other day.

Nancy said "I told you...", but I did not realize that okra leaves and stems cause skin itchiness.... (>_<). I was wondering what makes my skin bumpy and itchy every day. It took a while until asking Nancy about it. Since I did not know that, I got in this Okra Grove almost every day in half sleeve T shirt. Well. I am lucky that I seem to not have weak skin to okra allergy. Some people's skin are seriously damaged by them such as making blisters, strong itchiness lasts weeks, and needing steroid. My damage is just like after mosquitoes bit me, and the bumps disappear a few hours later.

And, egg plants!

R got this grill plate for me :D :D :D







Nancy plants 3 kinds of egg plants, fairy egg plant, white egg plant, and American egg plant. They really grow fast! and I get egg plants from her so often (>_<). I LOVE egg plants (and basil) - (and Okra).

I am happy!!

Hope your summer is wonderful as well as mine :D