Flowers and a flower vase made with an old book


It has been a week since the new semester began. The first week was slow as usual, but it becomes busy after the second week. The information about future exams from the 3 classes I am taking were already passed.

I am taking two Psychology classes, one English, and the history of Christianity this semester. Since I am familiar with the professors of PSY and ENG, it is less stressful. I already know how they grade, whether they offer extra credits, whether they are organized, etc. I always get nervous until getting to know what kind of person the professor is. PSY prof is very friendly, and ENG is an artistic big American daddy (not referring to appearance).
The religion prof is….. unique…. I just had the first practical class of him, he is kind of disorganized. His lecture jumps around, there is no mentioning of exact years even though we are learning history. I expect this Christianity class will change my perspective to see the world, again.

In today's class, one girl brought a birthday cake for her dear friend.

Untitled

Untitled

Based on Japanese culture, I was anxious because this activity in Japan is not acceptable to do in a classroom during a lecture. We are not allowed to bring even coffee to a classroom – we do not have a habit to carry a coffee cup around anyway, though. So, a birthday cake? Never. Probably, good to do in cafĂ© after class.

I think it depends on a professor here, so I was watching what would happen next.

The professor came in, and he did not care, most of us sang a birthday song for the birthday girl, we enjoyed eating this chocolate cake during the lecture. It was a little culture shock to me.

After the class, at the library, I found a pretty flower vase and flowers made with an old book and paper.
Annandale Campus Library

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I had never thought of making a flower book with an old book. It would require patience, though. You have to fold, fold, fold, fold, and fold! :)