Roanoke Farmers Market.


It was a very gorgeous Saturday! Many people suggested us to go to farmers market in downtown Roanoke, so we finally did.











We found something interesting for later :D
We love history.



Items sold at the farmers market were mostly food and craft items as well.

































I found a small rosemary that I was looking for since my classmate told me that rosemary increase human memory when inhaled before studying. I went to HomeDepot first a week ago, but they did not have it.







A beer store. They had a locally brewed beer. Interesting to see the package of their version of "We Can Do It!"







A beeswax shop was selling candles and I got the three - Asian religious figures. I am not sure if I can call them Buddha. The fat one is obviously not, maybe the female one is not as well.



Their calm (and laughing) faces give me a psychological relief. I actually want to have a real one at home so that I can talk to him/her when I am stuck, but it's impossible. I believe this is the same thing as that of Christians talk to God or read the bible. I love Jesus, and Muhammad as well.

After the farmer's market, R finally had his first experience with the second hand book store that he wanted to go. This is his dream world, I think. He wants to make his own library at home, and we are heading toward that way.





I found a Japanese book :)





I am getting used to my new university. I now see the life pattern on campus, and am out of chaos. So far, 2 tests are done already, and were not bad.

I have been thinking about starting a "quilting club" to teach young (and adult) girls how to make a quilt. Sewing skill is practical, and it makes their life a lot different if they find a pleasure in sewing. A problem is, I do not have a sewing machine for the members. Maybe, get a cheapest machine for the club and share it among them. I got a free locker on campus thinking of the possibility. If they got interested enough in sewing, they would get it by themselves.

Exciting :)