Pincushion Necklace

There are some types of pincushions. My favorite is a necklace type.
It is convenient to move around with a pincushion so that I do not have to place a few in my sewing room where I usually use pins - around a cutting board, ironing board, and sewing machine.
My first one was made with pieces of felted wool.



Just cut some circles from felted wool, and pass the cord through the center of the pile of wool pieces. Easy, and it does the job.

My current one was a little more time-consuming to make. I attached a cord to the little pincushion.



I have made a ring type as well.



It is also convenient, but I did not like the discomforts of something is attached to my finger. For the same reason, I do not like to wear jewelry.

I found this type actually can be used in other ways. It can be attached to a bar or something like a bar. I use it on my sewing machine but can be attached to a thick pen and stand it in a pen stand.



It is anyway convenient to have pincushions everywhere. You know this feeling if you are a sewing person, don't you :)

Comments