1000 sales!!

I achieved 1000 sales!


(A message from Etsy)

I didn’t expect this comes so soon, but it happened!
So, I offered 40%OFF for all items in my shop (actually offering now, but will end soon), but I have heard only one fav on one item and no sales so far. Well, I think the timing was not right as people spent a lot of $ for Christmas and it is too close from the end of holiday season. Also, the government is closed for a few weeks. It’s a hard time for many consumers.



The 1000th item was a binding tape that I dyed recently. The customer purchased 3 binding tapes and left a positive message about other items in my shop so I would believe she likes indigo and Japanese style. Since 1000 sale is special, I included my hand-dyed fabric as a special gift in her package.





Hope she likes them and finds a use for them. I actually have a lot of such fabric but have not decided what I want to make with them. I made two quilts with my indigo fabric, but they have not been sold for a long time. I enjoyed onion skin and turmeric dye in my kitchen while cooking last year. So, I have a lot of yellow-mustard fabric and blue fabric.



Well, I would run another sale on Emerson's birthday (May 25). It will be 20-30%OFF. 40%OFF was a challenge for me since I had not done before.

By the way, today was my birthday.
R and I do not give a gift to each other's birthday, as well as Christmas, because we are in the same household and do not want to spend $ for a gift "because of birthday." We buy what we want or necessary when we need it. Also, we are together most of the time in a day and happy without arguments or conflicts, we cannot think of more special things to do.

This year, we tried Hibachi restaurant since my quilting friend mentioned about her good experience with the restaurant that we have not tried. Hibachi is a Japanese word, and they have "sushi," I expected it is a Japanese restaurant, but was a Chinese. I would like to suggest not to use the word "sushi" for food that is not sushi. Why avocado? Why spicy? Why cream cheese?????? and the rice does not have a taste. It was good if I remove the Japanese concept of sushi from that food - so this is my problem. Also, their price was good! R liked Hibachi, so we will go back again.

Anyway, THANK YOU SO MUCH for letting me celebrate 1000 sales! This was a birthday gift for me.