A Big day

Yesterday was a big day.

I had five items sold at Etsy. The total items sold there is now 998, very close to 1000 items. I will have to have a big sale for the celebration once the number reaches 1000.



Two of the bird drawstrings bags were purchased by a customer, actually, these will make her 4th birds. I’m happy to know my “bird” grabbed her heart. The Korean alphabet quilt pattern and fabric set for the quilt are still popular items in my shop, as well as Japanese tenugui placemats.

Other than the sales, I had a productive day at my local quilt guild sewing meeting for charity quilts. Usually, the organizer of charity quilts prepares quilt kits for other members to sew, but it was different yesterday.

I brought my own blocks made out of scraps.





Since it is difficult to layout these multi-colored blocks, I usually bind the blocks with solid black. Here are two of the samples from my most recent charity quilts.



And, a XO quilt - This XO is my 3rd one. One went to charity, and my friend received the second one.



Since the previous two seemed very popular around me, I made the 3rd one for sale, but I think it will be donated to my group eventually.

Anyway.
I did not have black fabric with me yesterday at the sewing meeting and hoped other members give me other ideas of using these scrappy blocks. One suggested making a rail-fence.



I was not sure if this quilt can make someone happy, but other guild members gave me "I like it!," "So cute!" so it would be good.

I am now piecing them and will be completed very soon.