Small vacuum cleaner attachment

One day, my quilting friend showed me a wonderful cleaning parts made by her when I asked her where to oil a Bernina sewing machine. I have two Berninas given by my quilting friends. I use them as a sub machine when I join a meeting for sewing charity quilts and when I need different stitches than straight stitch. My main machine is JUKI that only sews straight. I love my JUKI, it sews fast and its body is stable. For quilt making, I need only straight stitch. Anyway, since I do not regularly use my Berninas, I did not know how to take care of it.

I screamed in excitement when she showed this!



I have tried a commercial product of vaccum cleaner attachment for cleaning narrow spaces, but it did not work. All you need to make this parts is a pet bottle cap that is slightly larger than your vacuum cleaner nozzle and a plastic straw.

I made a hole in the center of the bottle cap that is almost the same diameter of the straw, and let the straw through the hole, attached to my vacuum cleaner nozzle.



Since my JUKI does not allow me to open the top and futher side, I cannot clean the inside well. The inside of the machine is well protected. I have forced to open the top once when I did not know I should not open it, and I could not close it. I ended up using JUKI customer service, almost had to ship my machine to them to close the top!

So, I was so greatful to be able to clean inside a little better with my new tool!



I think this hand-made tool works for your machine as well :)

Comments