New Smartphone

Because of G3 to G5, I had to buy a new phone, and wow, I LOVE it!!


I am so impressed with the quality of the camera! This is the best quality I have ever had. This picture of my cat was taken in low light without flash but still, shows the details.

I have been taking pictures of my cat more than usual since then.


She is under my quilt on the bed.

In her island on the bed.

Waiting for her supper.

I now take photos of my sales items with this new phone. It "easily" let me change settings depending on the shooting environment, often no need to edit the photos later. 

Taking photos of sales items is always trouble for me. I don't have a convenient space with a lot of light in my home. My husband has been suggesting getting a good lighting system for photo taking but I am not sure if it is worth spending money on it for my little items. 

My old phone was six years old from AT&T. I received a text saying that G3 disappears in February and my phone no longer receives signals. 

I seldom used my phone because nobody calls me other than texting and it often says “emergency calls only”. My phone was for an emergency like a car broken down, but I’m not sure what that “emergency calls only” mean. I think maybe only for 911 so couldn’t make a call anyway. 

Also, it was so slow to do anything even just saving a photo that the phone took and froze often. So I really didn’t like to spend a lot of money on a new phone because I didn't expect to see much technology change on cell phones - I was ignorant! All I cared was to keep my old prepaid plan - $25 for 3 months, 10 cents per min. It is accumulative. I have more than $400 on my account.... 

I was going to buy the cheapest phone but did a little research and learned the cheapest isn’t a good idea. I found many negative comments. I thought I may encounter the same situation that I had with my old phone. So, picked up the second cheapest - under $300, Samsung Gallaxy A32.

So far, I don't see the "emergency call only" message on the new phone and do texting nicely. I am very happy with it :)