Recent quilts

January seems always the month for cleaning/organizing my photos. After a year of taking pictures of my everyday life, I usually see more than 2,000 pictures on my device. I don't go through each of them but organize them in folders of Garden, Days (most pics are meals I cooked), Sewing, Cat, R (my husband), and Etsy. 

I recently had an opportunity to rethink advertising my items on SNS, so I dug old pictures of my quilts and the ID/password for the account of Flickr and Pinterest, posted them on there, and am posting them here too.

"Camelia, 2020" 60x70
Inspired by a Japanese drama that used the images of camelia a lot. I love drunkard path. The drama was about a Japanese traditional sweet shop. Japanese traditional sweets often depict nature such as season and plants.

"Tenant Building, 2021" 50x70
Inspired by the project of architecture quilt from the art quilt group Starry Eyes. The quilt is off from the project guideline, so it doesn't go under it. The quilt top was started from a few pieces that my quilting friend sewed together. She must have had something in her mind when the pieces were sewn but stopped to move on for some reason. I kept adding fabric to the pieces until it became a decent size as a lap quilt. It was sold. 

"The Forest 2021" (small)

"The Forest 2021" (large)
I initially made the small one as a "Christmas tree" that can hang on a wall. I thought I would hang ornaments as well so that I can roll them together and store them in a box after Christmas. At the same time, I was thinking of woods with red berries so I could go either way. Red x Green x Brown is usually the color of Christmas but could be a forest if the quilt doesn't have absolute Christmas-themed fabric in it. For sale.

I have two more tapestries to show but will do it later time.

Hope you had a nice Sunday :)